Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome 2009

Two-thousand and nine. Two-thousand and nine years since the Birth of Christ. We must not forget...

~~~~~
We have a dry erase board at work that is placed in the concessional area where everyone gathers to get their coffee (I mean pay for their coffee) and other morning snacky activities.

At some point this past year I inherited the lovely task of decorating this dry erase board with upcoming events and the like. An honor I take seriously.

For Christmas I decorated the sign with a Mister Frosty and snowflakes and wrote:
"May your Holidays be Merry and Bright."

Can you get anymore Politically Correct than that? Perhaps.

I mean perhaps I did manage to offend someone with my depiction of frosty and the snow.

Alas, that is NOT the point of my post this evening!

Back to the point.

For New Year's I changed frosty's hat to a new years hat and wrote:

Welcome 2009!

And today I title my post the same.

WELCOME 2009

This is my stance. And that is my point.

I welcome this new year. I am thankful for my life and family and the tumultuous 2008 we just survived.

I am thankful for Christ carried us through.

I've turned many new leafs for this bright New Year. I am resetting my internal mindset and starting anew.

There are great things to be accomplished this year.

I must remain focused and on task.

Great things...

As I strive to continue walking in His Will and in His Light.

No comments: