Friday, November 5, 2010

We Are Meant : Excerpt III

We are meant to expose and be exposed.

To stand naked before the rainstorm. That rainstorm being the views and critiques from others. The truths we fail to see in ourselves.

My most difficult struggle. Letting go. "BE"ing. Allowing you to see ~ me.
I am dreadfully afraid. For, I am not even sure if I see myself. How can I let you see me without being prepared?

Such is the nature of this course. For true humility, true compassion, true grace comes from this nakedness. Stripping all the facades, all the preconceived notions. Layer after layer after layer.

It's tiring! It's tiring to walk around with all these layers on. All these protective barriers.

It hurts you know. It hurts to open up that little place in the middle of my chest. That place where ALL LIFE resides. My furnace, my fuel source.

But wait, alas I see. You have that same special place in you that you protect dearly. I see, we are NOT so different. We are NOT so alone.

I will let go. Here forth doth fell my layers. My heart now exposed to the unknown path of this spiritual nakedness.


May His light inflame me. Light my way. Walk with me friend. Let us be free.

No comments: