Sunday, April 13, 2008

More on the Miraculous way in which Christ works!

Would you believe today, in church, as our dear Pastor spoke of Christ he used the imagery of fingerpainting! He said let Christ's blood be the paint and be cleansed in his blood, to spread the paint everywhere...to get it all over your hands and be covered in it.

What is this significance of this?

I fingerpainted the blue background of the pendant I spoke of in my previous post!!!!!! I recently have been compelled to fingerpaint in my work!

Such as this painting here:


I feel the fingerpainting made this painting a profoundly more intimate act. More of me, my energy, could be released into the canvas. Painting with a brush leaves more to the mind than to the body...and the body is the bridge of the spirit to the world. I firmly believe that people love pieces of work, not for what they are techincally, but what kind of energy they absorb from viewing it.

I now see that fingerpainting is Christ's way of being able to work through me. That I am in prayer when I paint that way and I was in prayer as I painted this painting:



Which also means I was in prayer when I painted that dear blue pendant!

Thank you God, I see in what way you want me to move that will reveal your visions for the world...

It's time to get to fingerpainting!

2 comments:

Gregarious Hermit said...

May I suggest you peruse the work of Eckhart Tolle, before you say you want to be " perfect-Christ like". Nice pendants btw.

Blake's Place said...

Thank you for reading and your comment! I have looked into Eckhart Tolle and find his work to be quite intriquing.
I would, in turn, like to suggest the works of Edgar Cayce (that is if you haven't studied them already). The revelations I am discovering there are ever-unfolding and amazingly tie into Christ in ways many do not know of or if they do the refuse to discuss.
I look foward to further discussions should they birth between us.

Love,

Blake