Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Does Beauty Really Fade?? Revisited

Awhile back I posted about this topic. I have grown spiritually, mentally, and emotionally since then and find there is more I need to say on this topic.

Does Beauty Really Fade??

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

No one can take what you deem beautiful away from you. What you deem beautiful sings a song in your heart and brings a light to your world.

As for me, I believe we should strive to see the beauty in all beings.

Age is a process. Age is a path we all walk upon. We are shaped by it, changed by it, and can be moved by it.

One does damage to one's spirit to rebel against age or to think it bad.

Have you ever stopped to look a yourself through the lens of life? To strip away all your thoughts and preconceived notions of what beauty looks like or should look like?

Take stretch marks for instance...they are not stretch marks. They are life marks.

Have you ever looked at them for what they are?

They are beautiful! It's as if God has woven mother of pearl into my skin! Shining, colorful! They shimmer in the light!

How can something that shimmers in the light be ordained ugly?

Who decided these marks were ugly anyway??? And then who decided to mass-feed this idea to everyone?! Terriable!

My lifemarks remind me of important stages in my life...puberty...pregnancy. I embrace them, they are a part of me and my path.

I challenge you. Throw out all your ideas of beauty that you have ever been taught and glance upon your naked self with a new eye. Notice your delicate self. Notice the planet of you with hills and valleys and deserts, grasslands, and forests...

Notice beautiful, miraculous you. The embodiment of all of creation!

So does beauty fade? Well, if you ask me...

NO!!!!!

I have been moved to tears from beauty I have encountered in beings of all shapes, ages, colors, and sizes. It's all in the heart. Beauty is in the spirit.

Beauty is in being.

Fret not forever beautiful one.

Love,

Blake

No comments: